© 2003 - 2012 S-Tech Enterprises, LLC.
All Rights Reserved.
Web page created by
S-Tech Enterprises, LLC.
Last revised: November 19, 2012
RESUME of ROY G. SIMKINS III
A mechanical engineer with a solid background in design, production, manufacturing, project management, and FAA certification. A creative designer adept at solving complicated design challenges. Works well individually and as a part of a design team. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills. Experienced with CAD (3D wireframe and solid modeling) and other computer software. FAA designee (Manufacturing DAR).
S-Tech Enterprises, LLC, Limerick, PA
President / Independent Contractor, September 2002 Present
- Aircraft Liaison Engineer for Adaptive Aerospace, Inc. of Tehachapi, CA.
- Certification Engineer DAR Inspection AR for Keystone Helicopter Corp. of West Chester, PA.
- Consultant for aircraft manufacturing issues for Self-Powered Lighting of Berwyn, PA.
- Consultant to various companies for FAA production approval issues and quality systems
- FAA DAR, MANUFACTURING (Function Codes 08, 19, 20, 21, and 22)
Vibro-Meter, Inc., Fluid Monitoring Division, Aston, PA
Senior Design Engineer, October 2001 August 2002
- Designed chip detectors/collectors for aircraft applications and related components.
- Participated in new product development. Produced proposal and presentation material.
- Interfaced with drafting personnel by providing direction.
- Conducted and participated in design reviews, internally and with customers.
- Wrote ATPs, QTPs, and QTRs, and similarity reports. Wrote operational manuals.
- Participated in the MRB process and determines corrective action. Wrote and dispositioned MDRs. Wrote ECOs.
- Performed failure analysis.
- Responsible for configuration control of engineering documents including PMA documentation.
- Interfaced with manufacturers and vendors and provided production support including process and tool development and onsite support and troubleshooting.
- Participated in vendor evaluation and selection.
- Provided customer and sales support via telephone and onsite presence.
The Boeing Company, Ridley Park, PA
Equipment Installation Engineer, April 2001 September 2001
- Designed avionics and electronic equipment installations for military helicopters.
- Focal point within group for selected projects.
Keystone Helicopter Corp., West Chester, PA
January 1988 March 2001
Production/Aerospace Engineer, January 1997 March 2001
- Created, implemented, and managed the kit manufacturing process for KeyTech Division.
- Interfaced with production personnel experienced in producing one-time custom applications to orient them to the standards required for the repeated manufacture of products.
- Analyzed aircraft electrical systems and wrote Electrical Load Analysis reports. Wrote EMI/RFI test plans. Read and interpreted aircraft electrical system schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Performed FAA certification of parts, part assemblies, and installations in aircraft.
- Wrote, edited and updated company process and procedures manuals required by FAA.
- Managed FAA part approval process.
- Continued the design, development and production related activities noted below as needed.
Design Engineer, January 1988 January 1997
- Managed design projects.
- Designed mechanical components for use in custom helicopter applications.
- Designed and developed system layouts and approved production drawings.
- Coordinated activities with in-house production shops to ensure design criteria were met.
- Created drawing standards and wrote department manuals.
- Performed value engineering and conducted product vendor searches.
- Evaluated and recommended software to management. Installed and updated software.
- Diagnosed and corrected software and hardware problems with personal computers.
- Installed and maintained department and then first company wide local area network.
- Maintained CAD system and drawing files. Responsible for configuration control.
R.S. Enterprises, Hamilton, NJ
Independent Contractor, March 1987 December 1987
- Machined parts for precision positioning machines for use in manufacturing Surface Mount Technology (SMT) circuit boards.
- Programmed and manufactured air compressor controller for use in large manufacturing plants.
Hybrid Systems, Belle Mead, NJ
Engineering Technician, April 1983 August 1984
- Manufactured, assembled, and wired precision automated electromechanical equipment.
Physical Acoustics Corporation, Princeton, NJ
Packaging Engineer, August 1978 January 1983
- Involved in the design and manufacture of acoustical testing equipment including card cages, panels, and enclosures and created documentation needed for manufacturing. Packaged internal assemblies for electronic systems and fabricated prototype and production fixtures and tools.
- Managed a small prototype and short production run machine shop.
- Conducted vendor searches and coordinated with vendors for contracted subassemblies.
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Technology, 1986
College of New Jersey, formally Trenton State College
Associate of Science, Mechanical Engineering Technology, 1978
Mercer County Community College
Associate of Science, Aviation Management, 1975
Daniel Webster College, formally New England Aeronautical Institute
Private Pilots License
Proficient in Cadkey, MS Word, and MS Excel. Knowledgeable in PDM software, MS-DOS, MS Windows, and Local Area Networks. Experienced with CATIA and computer languages. Training in AutoCAD 2002 and SolidWorks 2001+.
Use one of the buttons below to download a PDF or MS Word 97 version of this page.